In January 2018, WhatsApp released a standalone business app targeted at small business owners, called WhatsApp Business. The aim was to allow companies to communicate with customers who use the standard WhatsApp app.
If you are already using WhatsApp for messaging or for other communication purposes, then you might have already heard about the WhatsApp Business. It is free to download app available on Android and iPhone.
As the name suggests, WhatsApp Business is a messaging app designed for small and medium businesses. It has a lot more cool feature than personal WhatsApp. You can check out my previous article on Difference Between WhatsApp Business And Personal WhatsApp?
WhatsApp Business makes interacting with customers easy by providing tools to automate, sort and quickly respond to messages, greetings and managing users. It’s also intended to feel and work just like WhatsApp Messenger. It inherits all the existing features of the personal WhatsApp messenger like sending media file, message, files, making audio or video call. WhatsApp users will know when they are being contacted by a business rather than an individual, as it will be listed as a business account.
Key Benefits & Features Of WhatsApp Business Account?
We all know the features of WhatsApp, like messaging, sending photos, video, files, calling and many more. WhatsApp Business app has all these features and adds following to support your business:
- It provides a way to list your business profile with complete information like brand name, address, description, website, email, working hours, etc.
- Option to set up a greeting message for the new clients or customers. They will be greeted with the custom message when they establish a connection the first time.
- Quick messaging feature with the option to create many custom template to quickly reply to your customers or clients. This saves a lot of time as you can prepare templates for all the frequently asked question.
- Away message setting for the out of working hours. Your customers will get the automatic away message when they try to contact you out of the working hours.
- You will have the option to put a label to your chats. This enables the proper management of your customers communication. You can group your chats to any meaningful names like Pending Payment, Waiting Orders, Potential Customers, etc.
- Quick Search filters to search your groups, labels, and chats.
- You can register with your landline number. It should not have an extension number to be eligible for the WhatsApp Business.
- Short Links – which allows the customers to contact your business without saving your WhatsApp numbers. This gives great flexibility to your customers. You can share this link on social media or any other channel.
- Get verified Business badge from the WhatsApp. However, this is not enabled for everyone as of now. However big brand already having that verified badge which makes them as the official account.
- Get the complete statistics of your messages like, delivered, sent and read count.
Check Difference Between WhatsApp Business And Personal WhatsApp? for the detailed information about WhatsApp Business app features.
Should I Use WhatsApp Business Account?
Well, it’s up to you! If you own a business and want to do everything to be in touch with your customers or clients then you must have a WhatsApp Business app. It gives many features that too free of cost and people were already familiar with WhatsApp use going to help you to communicate with them easily. You can simply upgrade your existing personal WhatsApp number to Business version if you wish to continue with the same number.
If you’re not a business, there’s no need to download this separate app. You can continue using your WhatsApp Messenger account.
Do share, comment and let me know what you feel about the WhatsApp Business app. Cheers!!