In this article, we will see some of the surprising psychological facts which everyone must know, and some of them will really surprise you.
Let’s get started with the 35 amazing psychological facts which might surprise you and you may find it interesting.
35 amazing psychological facts
- People are so addicted to their smartphones that, 90% of people between 10–29 years sleep with their phones. Youngsters are affected most with smartphone addiction.
- Studies have proven that having a conversation with a woman gives a man improved mental strength. (One more reason to talk with women. 😉 )
- Group talk most of the times ended up complaining about something/someone.
- Your favorite song is probably your favorite because you can relate yourself associate it with an emotional event in your life.
- People who easily get distracted are more creative and tend to have more IQ.
- Creative people tend to get bored easily as they can’t work on a similar work type for a longer time.
- People with most problems are the best advisors as they have overcome many of them or have learned from them.
- We seem to ignore the ones who respect us or give value to us and pay more attention to those who ignore us.
- People who watch crime TV shows or movies consistently overestimate the frequency of crime in the real world.
- We are naturally predisposed to pay attention to sex, food, and danger.
- People tend to be happier when they are kept busy, as this prevents them from thinking about the negative things in life. So, stop overthinking and be busy.
- People with low self-esteem tend to humiliate others. So, next time when you see someone trying to humiliate, you know their status.
- Studies have proven that loneliness is as harmful to your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day. So never be one.
- If you want someone to like you more, get them to do you a favor like, borrow a pen from the girl sitting next to you.
- If you know that someone is wrong, don’t contradict them, make them contradict themselves by asking questions that lead to the contradiction.
- When you try to remember the past, you are actually remembering the last time that you remembered the event rather than the event itself.
- When someone says they have to ask you something important, you immediately recall the bad things that you’ve done recently.
- According to some studies, listening to high-frequency music makes you feel calm, relaxed, and happy.
- Women have an emotional approach to solve the problem while men take actions to solve the same problem.
- Once you fall in love, there is no going back to being friends again. So, you can’t be a friend with the person you loved after you broke up, if you can still stay as a friend then you were never been in love.
- People who speak two languages may unconsciously shift their personalities when they switch from one language to another.
- Smart people underestimate themselves, and ignorant people think they’re brilliant.
- As per some studies, looking at a picture of a loved one can help to relieve pain and stress.
- Women who prefer to have more male friends than female friends are happier, healthier and tend to live longer.
- Couples who are similar to each other are not likely to last in romantic relationships.
- People look more attractive when they speak about the things they are really interested in.
- The richer you get, the more expensive happiness becomes.
- If you want to give a hard time to people who don’t like you, always be happy in front of them. You may not see but it will kill them.
- “Talking to mom” has the same effect as a “hug a Friend” and can help reduces stress. I personally really do to relieve my stress.
- Teachers not easily admit their faults in front of their students and So do the managers in front of their employees.
- Most of the people text things they can’t say in person.
- Your brain does more creative work when you’re tired.
- Those who use more swear words every day are having low self-esteem and partly honest.
- If you want someone to like you, make the conversation all about themselves.
- And the last one: – It’s better, to tell the truth, if your girlfriend or wife is asking you a series of question. Chances are she’s asking you because she already knows the answer and your answers may decide, whether you will get the dinner or not 😀
Did you learn something new today? Which psychological fact surprised you the most? Please mention in the comment section. Also, I would encourage you to put some other surprising psychological fact for everyone.
If you are more into psychology then you may find following best selling book interesting. The Psychology Book looks at the biggest names in psychology, including William James, Sigmund Freud, and Ivan Pavlov, and unpacks each psychologist’s contribution to our understanding of how the mind works. With straightforward information, witty infographics, and a directory of scientists, this guide helps untangle the knot of theories behind the science of the mind.
Share with your friends and subscribe to Buzzing Facts articles, don’t worry, we are against spamming. Thank you for reading and God bless you all.